What is Voter ID
A Voter ID Card, also known as the Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) is a photo identity card that is issued by the Election Commission of India to all individuals who are eligible to vote.
The primary purpose of this card is to improve the accuracy of the electoral roll and to help prevent cases of electoral fraud. Additionally, it also serves as an identification proof when individual’s cast their vote. This card is commonly known by other names such as an election card, voter’s card, Voter ID, etc
How to apply for Voter Id online
Election Commission of India offers online voter registration for Indian citizens above 18 years of age. An Indian citizen can enroll himself/herself as general voter and fill Form 6 online at National Voters’ Service Portal.
Steps and Guide:
1.General voters need to fill Form 6. This form is also for ‘First-time voters’ and ‘voters who have shifted to another constituency’
2. NRI Voter need to fill form 6A
3. Please fill Form 8 for any change in (Name, Photo, Age, EPIC Number, Address, Date of birth, Age, Name of relative, Type of relation, Gender).
4. In case of shifting from one place of residence to another place of residence within the same constituency please fill Form 8A.
Pre-requisites for registering to vote
You can enroll as a voter in India if you:
1. Are an Indian citizen.
2. Have attained the age of 18 years on the qualifying date i.e. 1st of January of the year of revision of electoral roll.
3. Are ordinarily resident of the part/polling area of the constituency where you want to be enrolled.
4. Are not disqualified to be enrolled as an elector.
1. Voters need to fill Form 6 (Link to online form) if they are shifting from one constituency to another. For more information, please see the Voter Guide on http://ecisveep.nic.in
2. Visit https://electoralsearch.in/ to see if you are registered to vote. If your name appears in the list, you are eligible to vote, otherwise, you need to register to vote. Visit https://www.nvsp.in/ for voter registration.
3. All Forms are available on website https://www.nvsp.in